Graduation Ceremony Information
The DHS Graduation Ceremony 2019 – June 28, 2019 at the Dryden Memorial Arena
- 40 Community Involvement Hours
- Literacy Test or OLC Course
- 30 Credits
- 6 credits in 4U/M courses (needed for University admission)
- Correct Prerequisites (for High Skills Major, University, College. Apprenticeship or Work)
Ontario Colleges Application Info:
- Can apply in October
- Equal Opportunity Deadline: TBA (late Jan, or early Feb) – Please apply early. Slower response times can happen close to the deadline.
- Cost: $95 (5 choices)
- To research colleges go to My Blueprint profile
Ontario Universities Application Info:
- Can begin applying near the end of October -Your PIN will be available from the Guidance Office.
- Equal Opportunity Deadline is mid January.
For 2019 admittance it is January 16, 2019.
- After the equal opportunity deadline has passed applications are still accepted.
- Cost: $150 (3 choices) – ($50 per additional choice)
- A directory of Canadian Universities can be found on the Universities Canada website – click here
- Visit the OUAC site for information on Ontario Universities at ouac.on.ca
- To research universities go to your My Blueprint profile
- If you are not currently attending High School please apply using the Undergrad 105 application. Current students us the Undergrad 101 application.
Out of Province Applications
The Canadian Universities website has a list of member Universities with links to the University’s website.
- Students apply on their own – make an appointment in the guidance office and a guidance counsellor will help you with this process
- After you have submitted your application please complete the form in the binder on the secretary’s desk to have transcripts sent out of province. Transcripts cannot be sent if we do not know where you are going, this does not happen automatically. Also please let us know if you no longer need a transcript sent to the school. Transcripts are typically sent 3 time, when you apply, after first semester, and again at the end of the year.
- Deadlines and fees vary – check school websites
Out of Country Applications
- Check with the guidance office for ACT & SAT dates
- SAT registration and info www.collegeboard.com
- ACT registration and info www.actstudent.org
- Testing in Dryden is usually in November and May. Please check with the guidance office for specific dates.
April 1, 2019 – Target for Local Awards to be Available Online
- This is for the all of the bursaries and scholarships that are given out by our community
- Applications are done on-line – go to www.dhseagles.com and click on Guidance and follow the links. Ensure you are using the correct application form for each award you are applying to.
- Deadline for most applications will be May 6th. Please check each one as they do vary a little.
Other Scholarships & Bursaries
- Additional scholarships and bursaries are posted on our website http://www.dhseagles.com – click on Guidance and follow the links or check out the bulletin board in the guidance office or click here
- Try sites like www.studentawards.com, grantme.ca, and others, to see what is available for awards, scholarships, & bursaries outside of our community
- Check university or college websites for more scholarship and bursary opportunities
- Students apply on their own – the guidance counsellors are available to help you with this process
- Apprenticeship opportunities
- Job/work – do you need some help finding a job? Visit the guidance office for assistance
- Exit Plan – are you ready for life after high school? Visit the guidance office for assistance
- To research career opportunities go to My Blueprint profile
Ontario Student Assistance Program
Local Bank – visit your local bank for student loan/line information